Saturday, June 14, 2014

Dokomi Convention

Hello my dear readers!
Last weekend I was at the Dokomi Convention, so here is my event report!



~*~ SATURDAY ~*~

On Saturday I woke up around 8am but I was really fast so I could catch the train at 9am. I was 1 hour earlier ready then planned, can you believe it??? (Usually I always oversleep because I'm too lazy to get up early xD).

So when we arrived at the convention really early, we directly went to the fashion stalls for shopping, because I wanted some items before they were sold out. This year, there were twice as many stalls as last year! And there were also more Lolita-themed stalls: "Ergi by Piratessan", "Harajuku Maiden" and the Dunkelsuess-booth with stuff from "Lorina Liddell". And a looooot of stalls with sweets jewellery.

I got the items I wanted: hairclip and ring from Chocomint. The hair clip was sold out in all colors at the end of the convention!

After shopping we went to the Maid Café. We were one of the first people who could get in, so we didn't had to wait long (many people who came later had to wait 2 hours O_O).
This year it wasn't allowed to take pictures of the Maids or the Café, because they wanted to make it like the authentic Cafés in Japan: you can only take a picture of your food and you have to pay if you want a picture with a Maid. But honestly the Café was nothing like Japan, there was no stage programm, no games and no Moe Moe from our Maid ~_~ But I guess our Maid was just stressed or something ~_~

So here is the picture of my food xD I ordered a strawberry milk and a melon pan:

In the afternoon I participated in the Lolita fashion show like always. This time our fashion show had a theme: "Fairytales". And this time, all models did a really good choreography, because we didn't wanted to do the typical boring poses like you usually can see. 

Here is a video of the fashion show (I'm the third-last person):


Here are the outfits of me and my friend Evangeline:
This picture was taken at the "Nikon" photobooth, so it looks a bit weird

Can you guess which fairytales we were? Okay it's really hard, I was "Brother and Sister", and Evangeline was "Sinbad the Sailor".

For the fashion show I decorated an old book, and many of my friends told me that the Lolita on the cover looks like me, because the hair style is my signature. I'm happy that I have a signature :D (especially because my old signature was my horrible blonde wig >__<''').
I didn't really thought about it when I drew the Lolita, I just drew something which came to my mind, but I guess unconsciously I drew myself!


Okay the violet Lolita looks horrible, I will color it better I swear ^_^'''

After the fashion show we just strolled around the convention and looked at the stalls again (and again and again xD), and then went home in the evening.


~*~ SUNDAY ~*~

On Sunday I haven't done much, I strolled again around the convention and explored some areas I didn't saw on Saturday (for example I completely oversaw that there was a huge artist alley xD). I also met a very nice reader of my blog, Hello again!!! \(*^▽^*)/ (It was Sunday right? I'm not sure anymore >_<).

Here is my outfit, I didn't wanted to wear Lolita because of the hot weather:

Later I went to watch the "Charakter-Versteigerung" .... hmm in english it would be "Character auction"?! You could bid on people in Cosplays, and if you won, you could spend 2 hours with them at the convention. The money then was donated for a social project in Germany. This year some people bid really high amounts... the Maids from the Maid Café are always really popular, and this year someone bid 850€ for them!! And also, the less clothes a girl wore, the higher was the bidding xD. But of course everything was just for fun, don't think something wrong about this ^_^

If you want to see some parts of the character auction, take a look here:
Pickachu Group
Maids

I also met cutiepie Riina, she was working at the Maid Café and we drove together with the elevator xD (yeah you don't have to understand why this is funny xD)

Picture by Riina~
I don't have more pictures, but if you want an impression of the Dokomi, you can watch this video from another Lolita:



All in all the Dokomi this year was great, I don't know why, I think 1.) because it was a lot bigger so we didn't get bored, and 2.) the air conditioner was really good, so it wasn't too hot inside (on Sunday it even was too cold for me in some areas O_O).

Thank you for reading,
Miuko~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...