Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Paris 2014 - Day 2 - Fashion Walk and Tea Party

Our second day in Paris started quite lazy. I woke up at 8 a.m. and couldn't sleep anymore so I started to try several hairstyles. In the end I needed 3 hours to decide and make my final hairstyle X_X. So even if I started early, Ami and me left our hotel at 13:00h. But we still had plenty of time because the Fashion Walk only started at 15:10h, so we went to the Angelic Pretty store again and then to a small park to take pictures.






After taking pictures in the park, we went to the Gallerie Vivienne, which was the starting point of the Fashion Walk. It was also the place of the Putumayo Tea Party. When we arrived, we saw the Tea Party because they were sitting in the hallway of the Gallerie. It looked like there were many people attending the Putumayo Tea Party, but later one girl told me that they were only 5 (!!!) guests! There were more models and Putumayo staff then guests! Can you belive it, they had a very special and personal Tea Party with Misako Aoki. Now I regret it so much that I didn't attended the Putumayo TP, I even ordered a ticket but I cancelled it later because I thought it was too expensive to pay 40€ for the Putumayo TP and 60€ for the Angelic Pretty TP, which is 100€ just for 4,5 hours of TP.


We met Rosalynn in the Gallerie! She was so nice to take a picture of us, thank you!

But when it came closer to 15:00h, more and more Lolitas arrived and I was surprised how many Lolitas were there which I know personally or which I at least saw at other Lolita events. I was sooo happy to meet all the lovely Lolitas and I also started to talk with Lolitas I didn't knew before. It was no problem because everyone was very friendly and open to meet other people. I was very impressed how nice all the girls were to each other, all of them giving compliments, taking pictures and talking with each other, so it was quite a special atmosphere and a special moment for me.

Also the whole Angelic Pretty staff came to the Fashion Walk (maybe they were also at the Putumayo TP? I don't know). It was really nice to see how Maki and Asuka greeted everyone and were really engaged in taking pictures with everyone. Generally, especially Maki and Mrs. Honda (the owner of AP) always ask for pictures and take pictures of everyone and everything!




~*~ FASHION WALK ~*~

Around 60 people were attending the Fashion Walk, most of them dressed in Angelic Pretty, because they were all attending the AP Tea Party later or just bought some new clothes at the Angelic Pretty Pop-up store.

When the Fashion Walk started, some japanese staff from Putumayo were telling everyone that we would start to walk now. But not many people heard it in the first place, so when Ami and me started walking, we were at the very front of the walk, directly behind Misako Aoki! But honestly we were just walking around Paris so it kind of didn't really felt special that we were walking with Misako Aoki ^^'''' Because we didn't talked with her or took pictures or anything, just walking behind her.


Generally there were a lot of (professional) photographers and also a camera team. We stopped 3 times to take a group picture. The first one was in a small park, the second in a small passage and the last one in front of the famous Opéra! You will not believe how many people photographed us in front of the Opéra. It is a famous tourist spot so there were a lot of people, so it was hard to escape from all the tourists who wanted to take a picture with us xD



All in all it was quite funny to walk around Paris with a horde of Lolitas, thought the best thing was definitly that I could talk to many Lolitas. At the end I also could finally take a picture with Misako Aoki <3



 ~*~ TEA PARTY ~*~

The fashion walk should take 30 minutes, so originally we should have 1 hour for finding the place of the AP TP. But when we looked at our watch after the Fashion Walk, we only had 15 minutes!!! The Opéra is in the middle of a huge crossing with 7 streets, so Ami and me didn't found the right street. But luckily we found some french Lolitas who also wanted to attend the TP and they had google maps on their mobile phone, so we tried to find the way together. But we went in the wrong direction, so we only had 5 more minutes!! The french Lolitas suggested to take a cab and luckily there was one parking just next to us, so we asked him if he could ride us to the Bristol Hotel (the place of the TP) and he said yes and it will only take 5 minutes.
So we took the cab, but when he started to drive, he drove in a complete different direction from what we thought where the hotel was. First, I thought that we really walked in the wrong direction, but one day later I walked the same street with Ami again because we wanted to go to a shop there, and we found out that the cab driver drove some extra streets to make more money!!! He was only 2 corners away from the Hotel -.- But luckily we didn't came too late, only 2 minutes, but the TP didn't started yet because there was still a queue in front of the room, because they checked the Tea Party tickets of everyone and there were around 100 Lolitas attending!

Number 4 means I was the 4th person who wrote AP an e-mail to reserve a ticket *_*

After we entered the room, we had to find a table. We joint a table with a girl from Austria and from France. It was funny because Ami and me thought that we were the only german-speaking people there, but suddenly the austrian Lolita started to talk to us in german. What a coincidence that we chose exactly this table!

Every table was arranged like this - with a plate of sandwiches and cake and rose petals

Our table - the pink girl on the left is the austrian Lolita, and the two in the middle are the french Lolitas who helped us to find the way to the Tea Party.
In the background you can also see Misako Aoki and the Putumayo staff. They joined the Tea Party too!

While entering, we directly recognized some women who didn't fit to the Tea Party. There were some old ladies at one table and younger women at two other tables, all looking snobby and dressed in typical snobby clothes. Everyone was questioning why they were at the TP, but later I asked one of the older ladies and she told me that they are from a university for fashion & marketing in California and they got invited by Angelic Pretty to the Tea Party. The older ladies were the proferssors and the younger ones their students. And she told me that they have a branch in San Francisco with students who wear Angelic Pretty.
But they didn't stayed until the end, they left within the first hour of the Tea Party.

Then, Maki and Asuka started the Tea Party. They greeted everyone and explained that there will be an outfit contest and a raffle. Everyone was given a paper brooch with a number for the outfit contest, and we should vote the outfit we liked the most.


Then it was time for the food! They had étagères with macarons, tiny cakes and sandwiches. But there were not many macarons and cakes! If you weren't fast enough you probably couldn't grab one of the macarons or the delicious lemon mini-cakes. But there were enough sandwiches to fill your body. At this point I was asking myself why they only ordered such a small amount of food, but later they brought two giant cakes, so I got my answer xD



After grabbing some food, it was time to take pictures and to talk to other people. Generally during the whole Tea Party, everyone was moving around for taking pictures or talking, nearly nobody was sitting in their chairs.

The glamorous room - you really felt like a princess here!

Because Maki and Asuka said at the beginning, that they hope to talk to us a lot, I went to both of them to ask a question. First I went to Asuka, but she nearly speaks no english, so when I asked her "What is your favourite dress?" she understood "This is my favourite dress", so she answered with "Oh thank you" xD. Then I went to Maki, she speaks better english. I asked the same question, but she couldn't decide for her favourite dress and said, that currently it is the dress she is wearing (honestly I expected the answer because they are always saying this ~_~). When I asked her how many dresses she owns, she said "Oooh hmmm.... many!". She also said that all her dresses are from AP. Then she also asked us how many dresses we own from AP and where we buy our dresses. Maki is really cute and I like that she understands english a bit so you can actually talk to her!



In the middle of the Tea Party, Asuka started to collect the votes for the outfit contest. She had a very cute box with Angelic Pretty print! How awesome is this!


Suddenly, the hotel staff was bringing 2 giant cakes! They brought a chocolate cake and a strawberry cake. The chocolate cake had glitter and also real gold on it! I felt so rich for 1 minute eating this cake xD. If you want to know, gold tastes very neutral. It just looks pretty and luxurious ^-^ They also served the cake with sauce... I never ate cake like this but it was a nice addition :)


 The decoration was made from sugar and I think the pictures were printed on sugar plates too!



At the end of the Tea Party was the ruffle. My heart started beating so fast because I desperately wanted to win something. And with desperately I mean really really desperately. I really wanted one of those chocolate bags, I saw them in the online store and fell in love with them but they were too expensive for me. But unfortunately I didn't won anything in the ruffle and I was so sad and disappointed. I know it's stupid to be sad because of something like that ;__; I shouldn't have thought so much about the prizes then I wouldn't be so sad about it.
But everyone who didn't won something during the raffle, got a poster. So nobody was left completely empty-handed.

Raffle prices - the dark blue box, the pink cup & saucer and the drawing were the prizes for the outfit contest

After the ruffle followed the announcement of the winners of the outfit contest, and directly after this was the group picture.

 Winner Outfit contest - Credit by Japan-In-Depth

 Credit by Tokyo Crazy Kawaii

Then Maki and Asuka officially said good-bye and finished the event. A nice girl of the Angelic Pretty staff gave everyone a present at the exit. It was a small pochette with Fantasy Theater print.

Yes there is a calendar on the poster...

The card on the left is the other side of the invitation - just wanted to show it ^^

All in all it was a great event, and I hope they will come back next year and make a Tea Party again!!! I'm a huge fan of Angelic Pretty and Maki & Asuka, and during the Tea Party I really felt like a princess. I met a girl at the Fashion Walk and she told me that she doesn't wear Lolita anymore, but she borrowed an outfit from a friend because she wanted to join the Tea Party. I can completely understand why and I would do the same too if I would leave Lolita (but of course I won't anytime soon ^^).

Thank you for reading,
Miuko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...