Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Review: Btssb children's book

Hello dears, I recently bought the new children's book from Btssb and I want to make a little review about it.



When I saw the release announcement on the website of Btssb, I directly thought I neeeed that book, because it is full of drawings with Usakumya and Kumakumya, and you probably already know how much I love them! Plus the book comes with a little Usakumya plush, so I can get another one for my family *o*

However when I recived the book, I was a little disappointed. The problem is I didn't thought of it as an actual children's book, but more as an artbook with pages full of detailed master pieces of my favorite characters. However the drawings are just normal drawings, of course very cute, but still more dedicated for children.

However the drawings are not bad or anything, and also not worse than the cover. Actually they are exactly like the cover, so again, I don't know how I could develope such wrong expectations haha.

Sooo for the actual content, the book has 22 pages and the story looks very cute (something about visiting a princess castle and dressing up in Lolita clothes, what else would you expect haha). The paper and the print have high-quality.

However the Usakumya plush has not such high quality, which added to my disappointment. It is definitely not like the normal Usakumyas which you can buy at the Btssb store. The fur is different, the satin on the hands and feet feels very cheap, and the eyes are sewed on too far from each other which makes my Usakumya looks a little creepy haha.

 Of course I know that the quality of such mooks has to be overall cheaper than the real deal, because first the price is lower (2800yen for the mook, while a Usakumya alone costs ~4700yen in the store [not related but I just wanna mention here that Btssb rises the price with every release, it used to be ~3500yen haha]), second the price also includes the book and packaging of the mook next to the plush, and third the price also includes winning margin for both Btssb and the publishing company. So there had to be some cutbacks to make this mook still profitable.

I'm just mentioning it here, so in case you are thinking "let's get the mook so I can get a Usakumya for a cheaper price", don't buy the mook. However the mook is not a complete waste of money, if you are a collector like me, or you are a Lolita mom who can read hiragana, then go get it!


You can still buy the mook here at CDJapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2025028

I hope this review was a little helpful, and if you have more questions about the mook then just ask in the comments :)

Thank you for reading,
Miuko~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...